06 May AICD: A GUIDE TO ELEVATING STAKEHOLDER VOICES; MILLENNIALS MOST LIKELY TO VOTE THEIR PROXY
Welcome to this week’s business and media intelligence update, with insights collected by the Cannings team over the past seven days.
AICD: A GUIDE TO ELEVATING STAKEHOLDER VOICES TO THE BOARD
- How do you ensure stakeholders’ views are heard in the board room? The Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD) has published new guidelines to help directors identify and raise key stakeholder voices to the board. You can read the full guide here.
MILLENNIALS MOST LIKELY TO VOTE THEIR PROXY
- A new survey by Broadridge Financial has found that 46 per cent of investors aged 25-40 intend to vote their proxy in the 2021 season. The survey highlights that many newer and younger investors want their investments to align with their values, with 42 percent saying they want to have a voice on issues that are important to them, such as diversity, inclusion and climate change. Read the findings here.
COMPANIES HUNGRY FOR DEALS
- Australia’s M&A environment is bustling – at least that’s what the market is telling us. It seems some of the nation’s biggest companies are considering deals to leverage sizable equity valuations and balance sheets, while taking advantage of low interest rates. Read more on the companies on the lookout for deals here.
NAILING PRESENTATIONS IN A HYBRID WORLD
- One of the biggest challenges of the new hybrid world is ensuring everyone is involved – even those working remotely. So, what can leaders do to make hybrid presentations more inclusive? Harvard Business Review offers seven strategies for presenters to engage everyone in their hybrid audience, including keeping those cameras on! Read the strategies here.
WPP AUNZ SECRETS AND LIES CHAPTER 5
- WPP AUNZ Secret and Lies Chapter 5 kicks off Tuesday 1 June. This latest round of in-depth research focusses on spoken, visual and written language and how tech has changed the rules of the game. You can join the launch virtually and hear from a panel of experts, hosted by David Speers from ABC’s Insiders. Register here.
Feel free to share these updates with colleagues or friends. They can sign up here to receive our daily newsletter.